Cybercrime Spotlight: New Trends in Cyber Incident Response
6/15/23 at 11:00 AM to 6/15/23 at 12:00 PM
Cybercrime has evolved rapidly, and we all need to hone our response techniques to match. Today’s adversaries are increasingly destructive, and they’ve developed effective techniques for rapidly destroying your IT Infrastructure. During the aftermath of an attack, they routinely monitor the victim’s communications and may even conduct social engineering attacks based on your incident response processes.
How should you respond to modern cybersecurity incidents? In this talk, we will highlight:
- New destructive techniques, such as targeting VMware hypervisors
- Strategies for preventing hackers from monitoring your communications after an attack
- Personal devices and how to integrate bring-your-own-device (BYOD) into your response processes
- How managed service providers (MSPs) are targeted more than ever before
- Building your zero-day vulnerability response plan
Finally, we’ll discuss key incident response trends such as virtual war rooms, the emergence of IR / crisis management platforms, mobile device management (MDM) as part of your response, and more. Join us and get practical strategies for adapting your incident response best practices to reflect today’s increasingly interconnected threat landscape.
- Sherri Davidoff, CEO, LMG Security
- Matt Durrin, director of response and research, LMG Security
- Devon DeFreitas, cyber services manager, Beazley