Training provides employees with a greater understanding of their responsibilities as well as the knowledge and skills necessary to perform the job. Training also helps enhance confidence which can also improve overall performance. Through a variety of partners, PERMA offers robust training in a variety of formats (e.g. on-demand, webinar, live). Members also have access to a learning management system to track employee training. Visit the training page to get started!
Good risk management is essential to improve outcomes, utilize resources effectively, and enhance strategic and contingency planning. PERMA offers a multitude of resources to assist members in identifying, assessing, treating, and monitoring risk. Cities face a greater diversity of risks than ever before, and this article in Property Casualty 360 offers ten ways cities can enhance risk management and build resilience. In addition, Vector Solutions discusses six types of risk you need to manage for your organization today. Once you identify the various physical risks that can impact your agency’s team, you can develop a response plan and take advantage of evidence-based, online training offered by Vector to keep your team prepared and protected.
- Several risk management courses are available free of charge (ARM mini course, Preparing for Loss Events in a Changing World, and Applying Cyber Risk Management Strategies)
- Free 3-Day Risk Management mini-course
- Associate in Risk Management (ARM) designation
- Very in-depth and broad knowledge (public & private)
- Average Course: 6-8 weeks to complete
- Program Completion of all courses: 9-12 months
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Learn theory and practical application
- Understand how to position your organization to withstand disruption and adapt for the future
- Design and put into practice a risk management program
- Four courses required, the cost is around $3,600
Emerging Insurance Professionals (EIP). Organization that fosters fellowship among California insurance professionals in the first 10 years of their careers.
Associate in Risk Management (ARM). A three part course series, each eight weeks. Check the PRISM training calendar for the current class schedule and registration (it is $100 to take the course).