Aligning Policy and Practice: How to Reduce Risk, Increase Morale and Improve Performance
2/14/24 at 10:00 AM to 2/14/24 at 11:00 AM
Updating or rewriting your agency’s policies is probably not first on your list. But bad or inadequate policies jeopardize your goals as a leader. Strategic planning, resource deployment, recruitment efforts, improving response times – all these objectives depend on sound and comprehensive policy as a foundation.
Fortunately, you can start shoring up that foundation right away. A good place to start is to evaluate whether your agency’s policies align with the practices your personnel follow every day. This can in turn help you prioritize areas needing your immediate attention. Join Battalion Chief Bruce Bjorge and Chief (Ret.) Dave Funkhouser to learn the why and how of aligning agency policy and practice.
- The importance of having relevant and updated policies and procedures in your organization.
- How to distinguish between “absolute” and “negotiable” issues and address them differently in policy.
- What topics to prioritize when updating or rewriting your policies.
- How aligning policy and practice will increase morale and performance excellence.
- Inspiration to start improving your agency’s policies right away.
Battalion Chief Bruce Bjorge, Fire Policy Sales Director, Lexipol
Chief (Ret.) Dave Funkhouser, Strategic Partnership Manager, Lexipol