Asbestos & Lead Awareness
3/14/23 at 7:30 AM to 3/14/23 at 8:30 AM
The Public Entity Risk Management Authority (PERMA) is sponsoring a virtual Asbestos and Lead Awareness training course. Asbestos and lead can be found in many older buildings (constructed before 1972). Employees, contractors, and building occupants can be exposed to asbestos and lead during building renovation and maintenance activities if it is not identified before the commencement of the work. Please attend this training to learn practical steps to protect your staff, building occupants, and contractors from exposure to asbestos and lead.
During this training we will discuss the following topics:
- Cal/OSHA requirements for asbestos and lead
- How to identify and manage asbestos and lead
- Health hazards from exposure to asbestos and lead
- Activities where exposure may occur
- Air monitoring and exposure controls for asbestos
- Monitoring and testing for lead, and work practice controls
- Notification requirements
Speaker: Bill Taylor
Bill Taylor joined Sedgwick in 2020, He brings 34 years of environmental, health, and safety experience. Before joining Sedgwick, Bill served as the Safety Manager for the City of Anaheim and as the Safety Officer for the City of Pomona and the City of Pasadena. During his tenure, he administered the City’s safety programs and policies. He provides safety and risk management consultative services to a variety of public entities, including municipalities, non-profits, and housing authorities.